Subject Matter

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

My First Day!


I am new to blogging and am really excited to get started.  I hope to make lots of friends here. I have several friends who want me to share recipes and tips on decorating and updates on my life.  I figure this is the best way to accomplish that in the easiest way possible. And maybe make a few new friends along the way!
I recently lost my job and have been looking for work a while with no luck. So... I am productively using this down time to start a business.  I am constantly making things and decided that selling some of the things I make could possibly even begin a new career.  So... saying all that, today is the first day of my new "Arty" life! I am learning as I go so there may be some boring things,  tho...not much is boring around here.  I want to introduce you to a few of the animals that run things around here.  Today you will meet Emma.  She is a rescued Spitz that I brought home one day from the Dollar General.  I was recently divorced and there was this cute ball of white fluff who needed a home and I decided she needed my home.
She is very precocious.  She is bossy and grumpy and a take charge kind of gal.  She actually runs things around here.  She  looks so innocent but she has bitten many a hide!  Including a police officer who was looking for an escape prisoner.  He was nice about it but she put a hole in his new pants!  Needless to say I feel very secure with Emma standing guard.  She doesn't let many people into our humble abode.  She needs to taste many of them first.  Mostly she rejects teenage boys!!!!  She bites most of them at first sniff.
She has the fluffiest coat that I have to keep trimmed or it will completely take over the house.  She is a snow dog but she hates cold weather.  Luckily in Alabama we don't get much snow.  Good thing for her.  She only goes out if she is in desperate need of melting snow, if you know what I mean!  If she likes you she is your friend for life.  She is polite when she begs, she waits patiently, with soulful eyes that never leave your plate.  She is content with the little scraps left on a plate.  I don't know why I have to do so many dishes, she gets the plate spotless.  My family just doesn't like her brand of dish washing "soap".  We call her the Queen because she is in total charge.  It is a Monarchy of vast proportions.  She is actually just the Queen of my Heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...