Subject Matter

Friday, March 4, 2011

Is this Your DAILY Prayer?

I try to read a devotional book along with my Bible every morning to get my spiritual heart moving.  It has the same effect my cup of coffee has on my physical heart.  I just need it.  When I don't get it I miss it terribly.  

 I have been reading Charles Spurgeon's  Morning and Evening lately.  I think I have had this book for 15 years and I have read it along with my Bible off and on consistently that long.  But it seems fresh every time I read it.  It's like it is the very first time I've read it.  The Bible is a living Word and it does that to me too!  I have read it over and over again all my life yet sometimes I will read a scripture and it speaks as though it is the very first time I have ever seen it, knowing full well that I had read that time and time again.  I love that!

 I have a prayer that I try to pray every morning that is like my dedication to the day and to the Lord.  Is this your Daily Prayer too?  I encourage you to write it on a note card and place it where you will be reminded to read it every morning:
"Lord, help me to glorify you.  I have talents; help me to extol You by using them for You.  I have time; Lord, help me to redeem it, that I may serve You.  I have a head to think; Lord, help me to think of You. You have put me in this world for something,  Lord, show me what that is and help me to work out my life-purpose. I cannot do much; but as the widow put in her two mites, which were all her living, I cast my time and eternity, too, into your treasury.  I am all Yours. Take me and enable me to glorify You today, in all that I say, in all that I do, and with all that I have."  AMEN!


"To HIM be glory both now and forever"  2 Peter3:18


I hope you have an inspired  day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...