Subject Matter

Friday, February 25, 2011

A Blessing!!

This is a continuation from the last post so if you haven't read the first post you may want to read it before reading this one.  I am going back to the pennies in the driveway.  After God gave me peace in knowing that He is in control of my life and that I can trust Him with everything I started finding pennies everywhere.  It was almost like it was raining pennies.  I would just see it, smile, relax because God was reminding me that He was still there and still in control, I would pick up the penny and put it in my pocket with the certainty that what ever I was anxious about He was already there and I didn't need to worry.  This went on for a while.  I somehow managed to get my bills paid and feed us.  I got a job so that I would have some health insurance and extra money, my divorce was finalized and that stress was over and God was there right in the middle of it all.  Beside me or in front of me all the way.
I had teenagers I was raising on my own.  Boy, that was interesting.  It amazes me how teenagers find so many things to get into that are bad for them.  I knew that they both loved Jesus and they were both saved but still I felt I needed to be a one woman show and beat away the enemy on my own.  I learned quite quickly that that wasn't God's plan.  Once again I got a penny reminder.  My daughter, (aka the princess) hit a rebellious point in her early teens.  I thought I was watching her pretty closely but sometimes I just had to sleep.  One night she called and said she was going to the movies with a friend and her mom so I said okay and went to sleep.  I asked her to call when she was back at her friends house to spend the night and off the road.  Well, she called and said she was leaving the movies and would be home in about fifteen minutes.  A short time later she called and said they had been in an accident and to come quickly, it was bad.  I leaped into my clothes, grabbed my son and his fiance and went to where the accident happened.  It was really bad.  Teenagers laying out in the street, a car wrapped and folded around a tree, emergency and police everywhere. Total chaos.  I found my daughter in the street and checked to make sure she was okay.  She was hurt but she could talk to me.  I could talk to all the teenagers but one.  It was the middle of the night and I was the only parent on the scene with all minors.  My daughter was about to be taken by ambulance to the hospital but I couldn't leave the scene as the only parent and one teenager being cut out of the car and then being air lifted, it was going to be a while before I could leave.  My son was allowed to ride with his sister to the hospital and I would follow later.  My daughter had been laying in the middle of the street on a backboard.  After she was placed in the ambulance I looked down at the street where she had been laying and right in the spot her head had been was a penny.  I immediately felt peace wash over me and I knew that whatever happened God was there and it would be okay.  He had been sitting right there, with her head in his lap, while she waited for me.  I found out that I couldn't be with my children all the time to watch over and protect them but God can.  After the princess got out of the hospital she wanted to go back to where the accident happened.  Where she had been when the car hit the tree. Low and behold, God had placed another penny there.  I picked it up and told her my penny story about how God had protected her and her friends.  I took both the pennies to a jeweler and had them made into very plain, very simple necklaces.  Now when we wear them and someone asks why we have a penny around our neck we share the story of God's love and protection.  I have had many more struggles since then and I'm sure I will have many more in my lifetime but God is constantly reminding me that He is there by dropping pennies everywhere.  When I find one, I smile and say " Look, a blessing!"  and I pick it up and thank God that He loves me and I put that penny in my pocket with the peace that passes all understanding.  I am so unworthy of His love yet He gives it freely.  Has there been a time God blessed you?  Would you like to share that with me?  I would love to hear your story. I want to encourage you to release your cares to Him.  He is strong enough to carry them and wants to carry them.  I hope you are inspired to live a life of peace and love and freedom knowing God loves you.
Here are a few scriptures to remind you of His love....
"Cast your cares on the Lord and He will sustain you; He will never let the righteous fall." Psalm 55:22
"Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way.  The Lord be with all of you."  2 Thessalonians 3:16
"I call to the Lord, who is worthy of praise, and I am saved from my enemies."  Psalm 16:3
I hope you have a Blesssed day!




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...