Subject Matter

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Re-Invention

Well, it's been a very long time since I posted anything on this blog.  I have been extremely busy re-inventing myself.  I am still wondering what I want to be when I grow up but I like the direction I am going in.  When I last wrote on this blog I was unemployed and learning to make jewelry.  I was selling it some but not really making money.  I was just barely getting by financially.  Since then I have improved my jewelry making skills and am now working and selling my handmade jewelry in a shop in our local Mall.  I love the girls I work with.  They are like a new family to me and I love working in the store.  It is a beautiful, unique place.  We have only been open 10 months but it has been well received by the public and we are now expanding to a larger location.  The store's name is Harper Lane.  It is locally owned and we sell works created by local artists.

It has been a blessing to see how much has changed since coming to work at Harper Lane.  I have met some really nice people and the girls I work with are so much fun to be around.  I also sell my handmade jewelry in the store.  




These are some of the items that I have placed in the store.  I love making jewelry but I especially love seeing the customers wearing or giving my pieces as gifts. We have been open for 10 months and now we are expanding.  The store is going through a new transformation.  We are moving from one location to another inside the Mall.  We have outgrown our space and need more room to add more artists' work.  I am excited about the move but the process is exhausting.  We are working literally around the clock to move.  I will post pictures of the progress and new store as I can.  We hope to re-open early next week.  

The rest of my family has gone through a few changes as well since I last posted.  I will fill you in on those later.  I am glad to be where I am in my life.  I have been through some tough times but they have made me a stronger person.  Re-invention is painful at times but necessary not to live a stagnant life. I am grateful for the journey.  Hope this inspires you to make some changes in your life to make your life better and more enjoyable.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...